Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2010: Future in Focus...

At the end of what could only be described as a tumultuous year; I'm looking forward to the future. This new year breeds optimism, but more importantly Clarity, Direction and Stability! I'll tell you the Sun's fight against the grey of the Seattle skies is amazingly encouraging.

A close friend once told me "it's the way you see the world" a lens... What is a lens? 
We all possess one, but the real question is "how are we choosing to focus it".

This year I intend to focus my lens... I hope you'll all do the same. To a new year!

CHROMA: the purity of a color, or its freedom from white or gray.

I think this best describes the weather influenced hues I'm particularity fawned of moving into 2010. To compliment these colors I think it's important to talk texture and tradition.
Plaids, Flannels, light Jersey knits, Brushed Wools and Twill are major for me.
Layer!! combine print with texture and add color, hark back to tradition.
Think modern about proportion and scale. Give traditional elements an opportunity for a new direction and create a fresh prospective in your closet. Familiarity is important when adding new direction or new layering ideas.

With that blurb out of the way... it's on to outer-space!  

Here is a look at the Eagle Nebula...

 
color names from left to right: metal air, water gas, phosphorus dust, dark matter, nova navy.

Here is a plaid I created, hope you enjoy!
















1 comment:

  1. This is really awesome! An eagle nebula inspired plaid would be perfect for this science nerd.

    -Gordey

    dapperdebonair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete