Wednesday, October 28, 2009

brights in the dust

Have you ever seen a box of old photos left in the corner to collect dust, maybe at a Junk Sale or at Junk in Williamsburg perhaps. I can say I've stop and rifled through a few of these discarded memories before but I've mostly overlooked them. It's not surprising that these dusty and forgotten snapshots are a perfect hobby for someone else. It just proves "one man's garbage is another man's treasure". A chance encounter with a google image search would lead me to this wonderful website "square america". It contains a random collection turned photo history of America. Captivating old photos categorized perfectly! I got lost in this website. With so many great photos it was hard for me to choose one to blog about. Then I found the photo below!
Somewhere caught between here and there, this dreamy highway photo speaks for itself.
 


Color names from left to right: Endless Sky, Rolling Hills, Dust, Mellow-Gold, Blue Horizon

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I love that!!

    What is the website?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just stumbled onto this site from it's my darlin, this is a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete